Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spotlight Q&A with VCF Winner, MARC RUIZ....

SPOTLIGHT Q&A Interview with VCF Winner, MARC RUIZ. 
Marc won for Best Commercial 2 years in a row for 2011 & 2012. 

We asked him a few questions about his background & his Success.


VCF: How long have you been working in the Industry?


MARC: I have been working professionally since 2004 when I was in graduate school in Miami.

VCF: Did you go to Film School?

MARC: I pursued my MFA in Motion Pictures Production at the University of Miami.

VCF: What inspired you to be a filmmaker?

MARC: Films were always a passion of mine so film school and a career in film seemed like something I had to pursue.

VCF: Where do you get your creative inspiration?

MARC: Filmmaking is the most collaborative process I have ever seen. I work with wonderful people that are part of the creative process with me. Personally, I draw a lot of inspiration from the films I grew up with. Ultimately, every choice has to be motivated to fit the project.

VCF: Do you have any feature films in the future?

MARC: I have supported a feature film just this last year as a Line Producer. It is a very different animal. I am definitely interested in the future possibilities but am quite satisfied with the creative opportunities I receive Directing Music Video and Commercial productions.

VCF: What is your favorite Commercial & why?

MARC: My favorite commercial is the "Got Milk - Aaron Burr" Campaign by Michael Bay.

VCF: Who is your favorite Sports legend and Why?

MARC: It seems like the most common answer but I have to agree with the majority of people and say Michael Jordan. His dedication and success are iconic and inspirational.

VCF: What does your family think of your Awards?

MARC: I think awards are wonderful honors but I think the opportunity they offer to interact and socialize with your peers are what make them special.

VCF: How do you see yourself in 3 years in the Industry?

MARC: I am currently expanding the production company I work with (Seventy 7 Productions) and am looking forward to continuing to push my team and myself to make bigger and better. I look forward to the future results of everyone's hard work, effort, and dedication.

VCF: What is your favorite part about the process of making Commercials?

MARC: The biggest honor of being able to be part of this industry is that every single shoot is different. I look forward to every commercial being it's own unique set of challenges and the collaborative process that happens to make the final product that will eventually play on broadcast television.

Check out the 2 Commercials that put MARC on a winning streak at VCF 2011 & 2012:
VCF 2011 Commercial ~ https://vimeo.com/21536443
VCF 2012 Commercial ~ https://vimeo.com/20475979

No comments:

Post a Comment