Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SPOTLIGHT Q&A with VCF Winner, Narmar Hanna


SPOTLIGHT Q&A Interview VCF 2012 Short Film Winner, Narmar Hanna " The Diner's Club" :

VCF ~ How did you get started in the Industry?

Narmar ~ I always loved my drama classes while I was in school, so after college and doing some traveling, I ultimately decided to take the plunge and move to Los Angeles. I started taking acting classes, and then started doing television and film work. And just recently,writing for film.

VCF ~ Did you go to Film School?

Narmar ~ No, I did not attend film school. Shooting my film turned into an accelerated version of it - I learned a lot about Budgets, Storyboards, finding locations etc ..
But I have taken a couple of writing classes in the past.

The Director, Ricky Lloyd George helped immensely with pre-production and hiring of the crew. He also worked with the D.P Matthias Schubert many times before. I am so glad we hired Matthias because he really captured the look and feel I was imagining when I wrote and envisioned the script. The entire cast and crew had plenty of experience. I am thankful to all them, for each part they played into making 'The Diner's Club' such a success!

VCF ~ What inspired you to become a Filmmaker?

Narmar ~ Film festivals. I started going to them years ago, and I always enjoyed watching the short films. And every time I left a festival I was inspired to write my own project!

VCF ~ What other projects are you working on?

Narmar ~ I'm currently creating a web series out of the short I made, we are currently in pre-production. I'm also writing a script for a feature film.

VCF ~ What does your family think of your winning film?

Narmar ~ They loved my film and They were completely thrilled! One of my secret goals when making this short, was to win Best Short Film at one of the festivals. I still can't believe It came true! I lost my dad about a month before the 2012 Vegas Cine Fest, but I know he was there with me in the room when they called my name.

VCF ~ What is your favorite Movie of all time & why?

Narmar ~ There are so many that come to mind, but one of my all time favorites is Legends of The Fall. I just thought it was so well done, and you really fall in love with the characters right off the bat. It's a great piece of story telling. The score is also fantastic and really moved the story so well.

VCF ~ Any words of wisdom for future filmmakers?

Narmar ~ Yes, create your own projects! It will be very fulfilling!

VCF ~ Has winning a award changed your life?

Narmar ~ It has, in the sense that now, I officially believe that dreams do come true!

VCF ~ Do you write your own projects?

Narmar ~ Yes, I absolutely love writing and creating stories !

VCF ~ What do you see for yourself in 3 years?

Narmar ~ I see myself doing a lot of directing, and also acting in a really well written series ( doesn't have to be written by me ). I also see myself creating a lot more projects. I would also love to be a part of an academy award winning film!


Trailer Link:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYQIq-UTTvk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRYQIq-UTTvk

No comments:

Post a Comment