Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SPOTLIGHT Q&A ~ VCF Winner Gabriel Schmidt....


SPOTLIGHT FILMMAKER PROFILE Q&A ~ VCF Winner ~ Music Video: The Hardest Day ~ GABRIEL SCHMIDT

VCF: How did you get started in the Industry?

Gabriel: 

I was looking to start a business. I knew several celebrities and people working in the industry. But it was when I befriended actor Tom Arnold, that 2 things happened: a) I was able to watch how people work on the filming set and business. b) I had an idea for an script, talked to Tom Arnold and it snowballed to a film project we have in Pre Production called 'SPYchosis", written and Produced by Tom Arnold, Gene Loveland and myself. I discovered my passion for producing, directing and writing. I eduvated myself ad trained with Dov Simmons in NYC. I love what do. I'm very passionate about it, therefore, very dedicated and persistent.

VCF: Who inspired you and why?

Gabriel:

My children are my inspiration to create new opportunities. I have role models I follow in the industry: Clooney, Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, Weinstein, to name a few. I want to set a mark on efficient filmmaking: fast, good, profitable. I have a lot of work to do.

VCF: What motivated you to Produce the Music Video?

Gabriel:

The Hardest Day was my first full time film project. I like the music of Helirounds, I love Malibu's view and I drive daily on Pacific Coast Highway. So I had the idea, spoke to Helirounds Jon Crisp, he agreed. Then I spoke to Actress Alexandra Bard, she liked it. Then I hired Gilbert Orozco. I wrote the script, created the story and we shoot it.

VCF: Are you working on any features?

Gabriel:

I have multiple projects. Really. I'm multitasking on 18 scripts/film projects, in addition to the 6 shorts, 1 features and 1 Documentary that I have in Post Production now. Out of those, we have 7 film projects in our primary task and goals: Spychosis, Mission SOP, SWAP, Roadside Stars, VIK, Throat and The Last Game.

VCF: How do you choose your Projects?

Gabriel:

I choose the projects by the story, the people involved in it, and what I envision on it.

VCF: Do you also write?

Gabriel:

I'm writer. I co-wrote Spychosis. I wrote The Hardest Day, The Last Game, Mission SOP and The Last game.

VCF: What is your favorite Movie & why?

Gabriel:

My favorite movies: Up, Zero Dark Thirty, The Elf, Black Rain, The Silence of the lambs, Ronin, Taken.

VCF: Where do you see yourself in 3 years?

Gabriel:

My vision is to build my production company by having 3 feature films per year filmed, in addition to shorts, music videos, and other business ralated tasks.

VCF: How do you choose your Cast?

Gabriel:

I 'picture' the cast while I'm reading the script. I follow several things depending on how the film is (independent or union). I', very proud with the cast I have worked with in my 11 films so far. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment